The majority of the time throwing our clothing into the dryer after they have been washed is a no-brainer.
Little thought goes into this task. We throw them in as well as press start.
What we frequently neglect is that the clothes dryer is actually a household home appliance that is very susceptible to fires if not taken care of effectively.
According to the United States Fire Administration, there are three facts every person must understand about dryers and also home fires.
- 5,900 residence fires reported annually are caused by clothes dryers causing 100 deaths, and over 35 million dollars in residential or commercial property loss.
- Failure to appropriately clean or maintenance the dryer is the leading reason for the fire.
- More dryer fires happen in the winter season.
It is needed to ensure that you are cleaning your dryer vent every six months. Right here is just how to decrease your possibility of having a fire in your clothes dryer.
- Tidy your dust screen BEFORE every drying cycle. Frequently utilize a vacuum to get down in the dust area where you cannot reach.
- Inspect your air vent tube. Ensure that there are no breaks and that everything is effectively linked. If you have a white plastic hose, eliminate it instantly. The dryer vent must be aluminum.
- You can clean inside the dryer vent hose or vent pipe and getting rid of dust with your hands as well as a vacuum cleaner. If you are not sure how to do it, you can always call the professional team at Latitude.43.
- If you have a gas-powered dryer, ensure that your gas line looks intact. If you smell gas, do not use the dryer and immediately call your gas company.
By taking the above safety measures about your dryer, you will undoubtedly prevent the chance of any house fire. As well as maintain you and your family risk-free.